1. Color coding is necessary in my life. I broke the habit in my planner a while back… well, it’s back. Let’s just say that. It’s slightly obsessive. But if it keeps my head on track as far as what I need to do… so be it.
2. I like not panicking. I spent the last few months panicking for no tangible reason, and while it was happening, I felt it was reasonable. Looking back, it wasn’t. Now I don’t even bat an eye when my planner fills up in color coded goodness, and I haven’t even added in my personal time yet.
3. There is no such thing as personal time in my life unless I make it.
4. Personal time is worth making. Even if it’s at 6 AM, in the cold, in the dark, with a dog, and only for a mile. It’s worth every bit of effort to get out of my warm bed and into my running shoes.
5. Epidemiology is hard.
6. The passing of the years has not magically turned me into a math person.
7. Number six directly relates to the difficulty of number five.
8. I eat a lot of air popped popcorn when I’m working. It’s kind of ridiculous. If it was any less wonderful for me (fiber! vitamins! deliciousness! .. only because I put the kernels in a brown paper bag and pop them with nothing but a little salt added) I’d feel bad about it. Instead, I embrace it.
9. After years of trying, I finally admit to myself that I’m really not that big of a fan of raw carrots. This is my commitment to stop buying them in large amounts and expecting myself to eat them. Wasted food is sad food.
10. My cat weighs 15 pounds, but isn’t ‘fat’. She’s just a little linebacker. The vet said so… while simultaneously saying that it probably wouldn’t hurt her to play with the laser toy for longer periods of time and more often. If only humans were that easy.
And bonus 11! (I was going to stop at 10 because I like things to be ordered and neat, but this one popped into my head):
Jenny and Gretchen and I are really just kind of the same person, in three different bodies with three different lives. Because if we were the same person, the world wouldn’t be able to handle our awesome. Seriously.